Monday, February 12, 2007

Tagged


I've been tagged by Linda!

RULES: People who are tagged should write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Six weird things about me:

1. I love to do laundry (my own) because, I like to fold and place my clothes in piles according to garment type (shirts in one pile, pants, towels etc.), what I like about doing this is the color patterns that are created in the stacks. This all goes back to my first day of kindergarten, after I freaked out when my mom went to drop me off, and the only way they calmed me down was to give me some blocks. I was relieved as I stacked them. I've been playing with shapes and colors ever since. ; ) I also like to hang my laundry outside in the summer, so that I can see the colorful cotton pieces blowing in the breeze, and how fresh they smell afterwards. I do this even though I live in a major city.

2. I can tell if a wall picture is off by 1/8 of an inch, my coworker didn't believe me one time and measured it with a level (he's a weird engineer type). Yep, it was off!

3. I let my teabags dry out and then tear the bag open and toss the tea leaves on the ground. I've also been known to toss them out the 5th story window, where I sometimes leave wasted flowers to dry and find their way back to the earth.

4. My mother is the eldest of 14 (a good Catholic family), and I'm the oldest of 35 grandchildren, just from my mother's side. Our family gatherings have always been a happening!

5. There is a certain smell in the storage unit of my building, and I like it. It's not mothballs, but maybe a mix of them and other musty things. I hate the smell of mothballs, so it is something else.

6. I share two of Linda's weird things (1 & 5). I thought that was weird; her love for natural light when taking a shower (and getting the floor wet if the light is left on) as well as keeping fortunes all over the place.

Thanks, Linda for this fun opportunity!

I'm tagging: Brian, Susan, Ruby, Cergie, Stephen, and Lizard Princess. Thanks for sharing and playing.

15 Comments:

At Mon Feb 12, 01:32:00 PM PST, Blogger Pod said...

what about the mop flinging fetish?

 
At Mon Feb 12, 02:00:00 PM PST, Blogger get zapped said...

Pod- I couldn't think of everything! Besides that was an accident, no really ;-]

 
At Mon Feb 12, 08:35:00 PM PST, Blogger A said...

Hi! I dropped in on your site after seeing the tagging on Lizard Princess' site! I was fascinated by your 6 things and I completely share your attention to pictures being off just a fraction of an inch! I've always attributed it to those unfortunate OCD tendancies most of us seem to have because I'm not particular in many other ways. :) Not only do I notice those things, I then fixate on it and need ot fix it for all to be back to right in my world! I hope you do better with that than I do!
See? Wierd!

I'll visit you again later!
A

 
At Tue Feb 13, 03:09:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was fun to read. less like 'wierdness' and more like 'uniqueness'

 
At Tue Feb 13, 05:46:00 AM PST, Blogger Cergie said...

Oh yes, I undestand now !
I did not know what means exactly being tagged !

I'll read carefully your post and rules and try not to disappointed you

Perhaps I need some time

I like the picture I find it funny
;oD

 
At Tue Feb 13, 05:41:00 PM PST, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hello Getzapped,

How wonderfully you wrote your meme. Lively, interesting & fun to read! :-)

 
At Tue Feb 13, 08:36:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getzapped:
I shall honor my tagging- but not until next Monday. I have a personnal rule about only doing one post per week- it's like a strange self-discipline thing.
Plus, these things need to stew in my brain awhile before they come out on the keyboard.
I much enjoyed your post- very intruiging weirdness, I must say!

 
At Wed Feb 14, 12:33:00 AM PST, Blogger Cergie said...

Hi, Getzapped, that's done my friend !!!
Have a good day

 
At Wed Feb 14, 09:17:00 AM PST, Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Get me on the next tag. I already did this one. It happens that I have exactly 6 weird things about me. ;)
By the way, I enjoyed reading your weirdness. Very funny!

 
At Thu Feb 15, 09:30:00 AM PST, Blogger get zapped said...

Well everyone, I'm back from jury duty and now tending to my blogging duties ; )

a- welcome! I'm happy you found me. Yes, being OCD can be a struggle. I would find myself adjusting the picture, but not losing sleep over it :-\

ascender- it's not that weird, but maybe I couldn't share all of me...hee hee

susan- thank you for playing, I enjoyed reading your meme!

lp- I look forward to yours and I honor you for your discipline!

cergie- I will make a visit very soon. Thank you for sharing.

s bess- I appreciate you letting me know. I will locate your weirdness. Thanks for stopping by.

 
At Thu Feb 15, 01:11:00 PM PST, Blogger luisa brehm said...

GZ, you made me smile ;-)))))))
you are really funny !!!
hugssssssss

 
At Sat Feb 17, 08:44:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Getzapped,

What your mum did in 1, must have been the determining factor for your artistic flair now, I can see.

That tea bag thingy, wow, that's weird. All in all you are interestingly 'weird'..ha ha.

I did it!! Thanks so much for the fun in tagging me too. Loved doing the meme. Cheers.

 
At Mon Feb 19, 02:52:00 AM PST, Blogger Pod said...

first mops
......now tealeaves

what next?

;0p

 
At Tue Feb 20, 10:17:00 AM PST, Blogger get zapped said...

luisa- that's great!

ruby- yep, little did she know ; ) I guess being interestingly 'weird' isn't so bad.

pod- lol! time will tell...

 
At Sun Feb 25, 01:19:00 PM PST, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

I also am the same way with 2. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home